?

Log in

you filthy, filthy people. - 85th Street Starbucks

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile

August 14th, 2004


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
lsdjesus
03:09 pm - you filthy, filthy people.
FIRST OFF: i mispel alut. plez forgiv mi!

There is a place I USED to go.
Cheap coffee, comfy couches and every week an open mic and a live band.
I practically LIVED there.

when i was sad, upset, or really stoned i went there to chil out and put myself back together.

The workers there were friendly loving souls and the owners were a middle aged couple that treated the customers like they were thier own children.

It was a little place opposite a huge intersection. The back porch was hidden behind the building and was surrounded with hight growth. You could sit back there and smoke outside and listen to the birds. Me and an x-girlfriend would go back and pick flowers and lay in the field beyond the bushes.

This place was called MoonFlight Coffee and Tea House.

ask anyone who went there, it was the perfect place on earth.


Then, across the street in the huge intersection, one day came a Starbucks.

Slowly the locals went to the starbucks but us loyal souls kept to MF.

After months those BASTARDS leeched all thier bussiness. The cult of patrons wasnt enought to keep it open. The owners divorced and the place went under.

Now, the building is now a flowershop and the starbucks across the street seels OVERPRICED trendy bullshit to those with way to much money to throw around.

Starbucks has owned you people like the commodity you all are..
It makes me sick
what has this place done for you?

Im not asking anyone to agee with me, i just want you all to know what you starbucks has done to me.

ill admit the starbucks this community is for wanst the particular one but they are all part of the same beast.



Now I frequent another place. A larger place called Beehive. Its on carson street across the river from Pittsburgh essentially.

And whats on the other side of carson street? A starbucks.

-I hope you all choke.
love and peace

Mike Fisher.
Current Mood: determineddetermined
Current Music: The sound of small bussineses closing.

(27 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:bottledmidget
Date:August 14th, 2004 12:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Okay, believe me if we had some good small coffee shops that were closer I would rather go to them. I know all too well that starbucks is over priced. Most of the time I don't even buy anything, it's really more of a place to sit to me than anything else. I'm sorry that your favorite coffee place got closed. I know I would be pissed too.
[User Picture]
From:lsdjesus
Date:August 14th, 2004 09:15 pm (UTC)
(Link)
im very openminded but i wouldnt be caught DEAD in one of those places.

im still extremely bitter.
[User Picture]
From:visionofchange
Date:August 15th, 2004 11:17 am (UTC)
(Link)
Hey man... I used to go to this Starbucks all the time with my friends mainly because it was a place to park the car, hang out and we have friends who work thetr. Not to mention the wireless internet. Yeah, so, their prices are exorbitant and their coffee is just like any other... but they still have all the money. Why? It's capitalism. They cornered the market, and did a damn good job of it. Would I rather hang out at a small coffee shop? Hell yeah... And I do too, when I'm not down at that Starbucks hanging out with my friends. (Moved 100 miles away) But this LJ community isn't SBux worship... it's just a place for all of us that hang out down there to bullshit and talk about the random shit we normally would when we're there.

But I understand your bitterness... I'd be pissed if I lost my local coffee shop up here, too.

Speaking of which, of to get my coffee before work starts.
[User Picture]
From:ballsey
Date:August 15th, 2004 07:17 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Actually, between Starbucks and Victors (my ALTERNATIVE [oh lala] coffee shop) the diffrence in price is an astounding 7 cents (3.25 iced mocha at victors, 3.33 at starbucks).

But thanks lsdjesus. The world has been so lacking myrters since Jesus died. If you're actually as wise as you believe yourself to be, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the world is in the palm of your hand.

Kindly fuck yourself and get a life.
[User Picture]
From:visionofchange
Date:August 15th, 2004 07:18 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Oh how I love you, my heterosexualistic-man-love.
[User Picture]
From:ballsey
Date:August 15th, 2004 07:32 pm (UTC)
(Link)
likewise pookie
[User Picture]
From:lsdjesus
Date:August 15th, 2004 09:57 pm (UTC)
(Link)
nice gogles, what the fuck are you supposed to be anyway?

shitheap
[User Picture]
From:lsdjesus
Date:August 15th, 2004 09:51 pm (UTC)
(Link)
kindly take the coorperate cock out of your mouth.
[User Picture]
From:hazardtomyselfx
Date:August 16th, 2004 08:35 am (UTC)
(Link)
please see my statement below, and then let starbucks resume machine sodomy on your sweet, unlubricated ass hole.
[User Picture]
From:pappillonrox
Date:August 15th, 2004 11:56 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hey man. I don't know what you're deal is. You say that you are against the big corporate world which is cool. But then you say all sorts of stupid angry shit and that just isn't cool. We are all about the peace and love. I somehow doubt that you've ever even been to our Starbucks since you seem to live near Pittsburg...what the fuck is that? God damn it. I hate stupid people.
[User Picture]
From:hazardtomyselfx
Date:August 16th, 2004 08:31 am (UTC)
(Link)
being to 'your starbuck's' has nothing to do with the point he is clearly making.
Yeah, coffee is expensive at the little huts too.
that is not the point.

once the corporate starbucks forces out the beatnik shops, they will have the power to do whatever. it's just monopoly. have you ever read a history book, sonny?
[User Picture]
From:pappillonrox
Date:August 16th, 2004 09:35 am (UTC)
(Link)
Well the point of the community has nothing to do with the point he is making. We're not sitting here talking about how much we love Starbucks as the giant business it is. The whole community is a big joke because we spend every night together at this Starbucks anyways so it's only purpose is so we can talk about the stupid things we do there. We're not sitting around glorifying the closing of smaller coffee shops and now people just pop in here and get angry because of our community which is really just basically an inside joke.
[User Picture]
From:lsdjesus
Date:August 16th, 2004 11:43 am (UTC)
(Link)
seems harmless yes, BUT the fact is, I was like you. We sat around and did stupid funny shit and there were stupid inside jokes just like aany group of friends.

but the point is, if you support starbucks, you make it so i cant have those times anymore.

[User Picture]
From:jumbocactuar
Date:August 17th, 2004 10:08 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Oh, Christ... Like Ballsey said, get a fucking life. Sitting with your thumb up your ass bitching about how Starbucks forced your nice little neighborhood coffee shop to shut down is hardly the way to get anything done. If you're so pissed, take some real action, instead of spewing your piss and vinegar at a bunch of friends who could give a damn about your agenda/vendetta/wet dream against the giant corporate machine. I for one, gladly support Starbucks because they make a damn good beverage, and it pisses off uselessly subversive punks like yourself.

P.S. You want to talk about goggles? Nice pipe, dickhead.
[User Picture]
From:lsdjesus
Date:August 18th, 2004 12:12 pm (UTC)
(Link)
uselessly subversive? for one subversion isnt useless. and i am FAR from "punk". what the fuck are you like 40? get a spine you useless tool.

you, are a fucking tool and i ahve taken action.
sit-ins, handing out flyers, speaking places like here.

and in all honesty, ive tried starbucks, it really isnt that good.


and about the gogles, see in my pis I am USING the pipe. the pipe is useful. not useless gogles. unless you are on a ski slope or are welding thay are fucking ridiculas.

[User Picture]
From:jumbocactuar
Date:August 18th, 2004 06:34 pm (UTC)
(Link)
For the most part, subversion has some use, but sit-ins, flyers, and speeches will amount to jack shit.
What bearing does my age have on this discussion? Would being 40 make any difference? Would being my actual age make any difference? No? I thought so.
Just because I don't believe in the same hopeless cause as you do, I have no spine? Just because I don't give a rat's ass about your little underground wanna-be fight against corporate coffee, I'm a tool? Little boy, you need to simply shut the fuck up and let people be. We don't give a damn about your cute little fight or the future of Starbucks, we just like to hang out whenever we're not at school or work, get something to drink, and chill out. That's all. Kindly get the hell out of here and take your pitiful little argument with you.

P.S. You know what's "ridiculas"? How you can't find the shift key or the little box that says "Check spelling and preview". You would be taken a lot more seriously if you used capitals at the beginning of sentences and for proper nouns, and if you checked your God damn spelling.
[User Picture]
From:miyu_sakura
Date:September 5th, 2004 06:50 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I just randomly found this community, and I must say, lsdjesus, you need to get over it. I doubt these people are part of some Vast Conspiracy to piss on your local hang out. They're just some friends who have fun at a place which happens to be a national chain.

Evidently you are some type of stoner/hippy throwback who probably mooched off of the old coffeshop by ordering one 50-cent cup and sitting around for the rest of the day. Believe it or not, it takes money to keep a place open. Maybe if you hadn't made the local coffeeshop into your crash pad and had actually contributed to its upkeep, it would have stayed open. Oh well.

And oh yes, let me drop some knowledge on you: Starbucks was a local shop once as well, owned by friendly, middle-aged people. It just happned that they were good businessmen as well.
[User Picture]
From:milkxtea
Date:October 2nd, 2004 05:32 pm (UTC)
(Link)
thats so sad :(
From:(Anonymous)
Date:October 8th, 2004 06:51 am (UTC)
(Link)
What has Starbucks done for me?
Comprehensive health care, competitive wages(for a food industry job), benefits, stock options, free coffee every week.

What has Starbucks done for others?
Aids Walk, Race for the Cure (major sponsers), Donating coffee to local non for profit and charity events

What has Starbucks done for Farmers?
Have you ever heard of Fair trade coffee? They buy coffee from farmers at the market price, plus 20%. Places that sell coffee beans to Starbucks receive the same benefits as any other employees. To manage this, Starbucks sends in schools, dentists, doctors, and construction workers to build adequate housing and medical facilities when necessary.

Your average local coffee shop contributes little if nothing to the community at large, let alone the people they buy their coffee from. You could argue that because Starbucks is a large corporation we can afford to do these things, but local events are done on a store to store basis. Local coffee shops contribute more to the cycle of poverty in coffee growing companies by paying as little as humanly possible. Starbucks sells quality, consistent products, that's why they ran your favorite place out of business. If your coffee shop had been better, it would have stayed up and the Starbucks across the street would have gone under. If stores don't make money, the corporate office won't bail them out, they'll close them.
[User Picture]
From:jimjams
Date:October 16th, 2004 11:48 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I refuse to enter starbucks... much like Hot Topic...
you are a true genious and a good man. I bow to thee.
[User Picture]
From:lsdjesus
Date:October 17th, 2004 09:44 am (UTC)
(Link)
thank you sir
[User Picture]
From:hitbylightning
Date:October 25th, 2004 09:28 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Lol.

Sorry dude. Starbucks is the greatest single entity that there ever was. There's a reason that they've been able to take over the world, and that's because they're that good. Even in Seattle, there's some pretty damn good coffee, but I've found none of them to be quite as good as Starbucks.

Also, Starbucks is no more overpriced than any other coffee shop.

Prior to Barnes & Noble putting in a Barnes & Noble Starbucks cafe just about two weeks ago, there was only one coffee shop in town. It's called the Dirt Cowboy Cafe. It's horrible. On the menu, it looks like it's the same price as Starbucks however the Dirt Cowboy Cafe's "tall"s are 8 oz. and "grande"s are 12 oz. Plus they all taste like shit.

And everyone around here actually has the gall to call it good.

Then Starbucks came and saved us all. And the entire town is now in mourning. Whatever.
[User Picture]
From:crazytigerlilly
Date:December 28th, 2004 07:38 pm (UTC)
(Link)
What does it do for me?


Pays my bills thats what. I get a ok wage with good benifits, and the people are awsome. If you dont like it, dont go...easy as that. Go to the grocery store and get yourself some folgers coffe and choke on that.

What does it do for you?

Maybe not you personally, but Starbucks participates in many charities and community groups. The latest was donating toys to the Starlight Foundation for ill children and their families to have a good christmas.

And you say they did something to you? What was that? All you mentioned was that it took the buisness from the mom and pop coffee shop. I don't believe that did anything to you but piss you off. Survival of the fitest.



[User Picture]
From:lsdjesus
Date:December 29th, 2004 07:43 am (UTC)
(Link)
you fuckn yippies will defend that place to the grave, its pathetic.

choke on your plastic coffee you tool
[User Picture]
From:cakelights
Date:May 8th, 2005 11:22 pm (UTC)
(Link)
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LSDJESUS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAOMFG LOLOLOLZ I can't believe you're this hyped up about a fucking coffee shop! HAHAHAHAHA quit wasting your life.
[User Picture]
From:russianheliumgr
Date:March 6th, 2006 02:54 am (UTC)
(Link)
Hey, sorry about your experiance with Starbucks, but for people like me, Starbucks is that warm, happy place you were talking about.
[User Picture]
From:lsdjesus
Date:March 6th, 2006 05:50 am (UTC)
(Link)
i posted this a very long time ago, and i dont care about your warm place.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com